Checklist for Those Migrating from MailPoet version 2
Upgrading from MailPoet 2 to version 3 ( download on the repository) takes between 1 to 2 hours. The migration tool is only available the first time you install MailPoet 3. If you need to migrate again, go to Settings > Advanced tab and click the "Reinstall from scratch" button.
MailPoet version 3 offers the possibility to migrate the following from an existing MailPoet version 2 on the same website:
The following are not migrated:
- Draft and sent newsletters;
- Automatic newsletters (post notifications and autoresponders/welcome emails);
- Email templates.
Checklist after migrating
- Send a newsletter preview successfully;
- Forms: update your forms in your widgets and pages. Ensure they work;
- Settings: review all your settings;
- Settings > Send with: please set a new sending frequency (x emails per n minutes) if you're sending with your web host because our recommended frequencies for common hosts have been updated.
- Recreate post notifications if necessary;
- Recreate Welcome Email (Premium feature) if necessary;
- Archive page: the shortcode [wysija_archive] should be replaced by [mailpoet_archive] if you use it to display the archive of past sent newsletters. Note that your archive will be empty because the archive itself wan't migrated;
- Check out the list of form plugins that work with MailPoet 3.
- Premium customers:
- Log in to our new account manager. You'll find a new key inside to activate the Premium;
- If you're not sending with MailPoet, download the free bounce add-on which is now a separate plugin (coming soon!). Users sending with MailPoet don't need this add-on;
- You will need to remove DKIM signtaure from your DNS. MailPoet doesn't sign emails with DKIM. Note that the MailPoet Sending Service does sign DKIM without the need for you to.
- If you are sending with the MailPoet Sending Service, you don't need to sign with SPF, unless you have another SPF record in place for another use than MailPoet. Read more here.
- Fill out the migration survey to let us know how this process went so we can improve it. Thanks!