Known Issues in Email Rendering and Display
Below are known issues or bugs with the rendering of templates designed with our editor.
1. Buttons with label on 2 lines or more are vertically collapsed to 1 line in Outlook 2013 and 2016 on Win 7
Solution: make labels on a single line.
Next steps: will not fix.
2. Social icons: no padding or margins between icons in several email clients including some Outlook
Solution: no easy fix for this one apparently.
Next steps: MailPoet might fix it by possibly modifying the PNGs to add invisible pixel left and right of each icon.
3. Footer widget > "Add your postal address here!" is rendered in bold in both browser and email clients with the tags <b>
The editor doesn't show it in bold. See screenshot.
Solution: simply add a new footer widget to start over.
4. Nested lists: the editor doesn't display them but it should
Next steps: MailPoet to fix to display nested list in our Editor.
5. Line-height for H2 and H3: margin at the top of these headers are currently too tight vertically
Solution: user should simply add a new line.
Next steps: MailPoet to make the top-margin for H2 and H3 the same as the current bottom-margin.
6. Custom color for links doesn't render
Using tinyMCE to change the color of links works in the editor but doesn't render in browser or email clients.
In browser, the colors of the links are always the one set in the Styles tab:
Solution: if users need links in more than 1 color, ask them to use header, footers or buttons instead.
7. Outlook: some of its varieties (2013, 2016 on win 7) don't like vertically short buttons
8. Outlook 2016 displays horizontal lines in some blocks