How Bounce Management Works in MailPoet 3
MailPoet version 3 offers three solutions to remove email addresses that have bounced (because they are invalid or old) from your list:
- by sending with the MailPoet Sending Service (no special configuration required)
- by installing this free add-on (requires a dedicated email address, ie firstname.lastname@example.org). Not supported by MailPoet.
- by manually unsubscribing bounced email addresses that fall in your inbox after sending a newsletter (default)
What has changed from MailPoet version 2 ?
In the previous version of MailPoet, bounce handling was part of the Premium plugin.
The way automated bounce handling was done in MailPoet version 2 was quirky and error prone. It worked by specifying a new email address, for example email@example.com, which would gather all the bounced email addresses after a newsletter was sent. Then, MailPoet Premium would automatically log in to that account and detect which emails were hard bounces (email addresses that don’t exist anymore and ignore out of office replies) and remove them from your lists.
This setup wasn't user friendly and it often required our support team’s intervention. Sometimes, it wouldn’t work properly altogether.
Why is bounce handling better in the MailPoet Sending Service?
- Because it requires zero configuration by the user.
- Because we can improve the bounced filtering for everyone by sharing a common list of bounced address.