The Signup Confirmation Tab
Important: signup confirmation is enforced if you send with MailPoet.
Do you want to prevent spammers from joining your email list? Want to keep a good reputation with your sending service? If the answers are yes (and they should be!) then you need to enable this option.
When signup confirmation is turned on, all of your new subscribers will first receive a "confirmation email." Inside this email, there is a link that must be clicked in order to activate the subscription to your newsletter. If they don't click the link and confirm their subscription, they will remain "unconfirmed" and will not receive any of your newsletters.
On the Signup Confirmation tab, you can do two things:
- Set up your confirmation email details
- Select a page to which your subscribers will be redirected after submitting
1. Set Up Your Confirmation Email Details
We highly recommend you use the same From and Reply-to settings as on the Settings > Basics tab.
Note that you can use two shortcodes in the Email content field:
- 1: [lists_to_confirm] This will display the list(s) to which your subscribers are joining
- 2: [activation_link] When users click on this link, their subscription will be confirmed [/activation_link]
2. Confirmation Page
When the activation link is clicked, your subscribers will be redirected to the page that you select here. If you haven't selected any page, the default (hidden) page, aptly called MailPoet Page, will be used. This page uses your theme's standard page template.
If you want to create a custom confirmation page, be sure to include the [mailpoet_page] shortcode in the page content section. This way, MailPoet will display the lists to which your subscribers have joined.